The Family Group sessions are offered once per week and provide an opportunity for parents to gain mutual support and make new friends. The children develop social skills as they play together in a safe and stimulating environment, supported by skilled volunteers and a Family group leader. The Family Group operates at our location at 101-103 High Street Bangor (see map) for referred families.
It takes place on a Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10:00am and 12:30pm. If you would like to join us please contact the office on tel: 028 9127 1201 or let us know by email through our Contact Us page.
The group provides a warm and welcoming environment for you and your child. Our Family Group Co-ordinator Kara Allen provide an excellent range of activities for you to share in your child’s learning and development. It is also a great chance to meet other parents and make new friends. Refreshments are available. Children will be offered a healthy snack.
About the Family Group
The Group is run by the Family Group Co-ordinator Kara Allen
What we hope to offer you:
- Activities for yourself and your children
- The chance to chat with other families
- A stepping stone from your home to the parent and toddler and other facilities in your area
- Access to advice and support
Please help us by:
- Supervising your own child or children
- Join in with any of the activities that interest you
- Welcome newcomers
- Give us an idea about the things we could try
- Sign the signing in sheet (for fire regulations)
- Let us know the things you like or dislike about the group
- Observe confidentiality.
Please note that attendance at the Family Group is for Home-Start Families and volunteers only and is by invitation by a Home-Start Co-ordinator. If you are a professional and would like to refer a family to our Home-Start family group please complete our referral form indicating GROUP ONLY thank you. You can find the referral form on this page: Referrals.